Skip to main content

The Year of Luxury

When my daughter was born, I decided to take a break from photostories. Setting them up takes forever and you can never be quiet when working with plastic. Many naps were destroyed at the hand of dollplay.

So most of this year was more focused on the crafty side. Spraypainting the Barbie pink out of perfectly good furniture. Creating some custom rooms for my little friends.

A new year is upon us soon. Each year my friend Carey and I assign a name to our years instead of making resolutions (I always did love a theme). Then you make that year reflect what you want (by the way having a "Year of Abundance" and a "Year of Expansion" could result in a state of pregnancy. Just sayin'.)

So 2011, which will begin with the birth of my second daughter will be the Year of Luxury. I can apply this to my dolls too.

I am happy with the dolls I have and frankly I don't have room to fall in love with any more girls right now. Then I have to find her a boyfriend and make her a room. This year will be about furnishings, fancy pants clothes, luggage, beautiful one sixth doodads. Nothing else that needs a coat of paint, or would look realistic, if...

I have to thank Smidgehouse for the inspiration. I finally bought a piece from her and it is going to usher in a new era. I'll put up some pics when it arrives.

Also this year I'm going to work on my photography. I have no intention of making it a hobby but I've gotta learn to turn out a good photo. Maybe I can convince the hubs to get me a new digi cam for my birthday (November).

So this means I have four months to finish up all sorts of lingering doll projects. Everything else has to get stored for a second wave of craftiness.

Off to make a list of crap to get together before January. Thank goodness for nesting.

smooches,
dani

Comments

  1. Oooh, I love the idea of theme years! I'm a theme lovin girl too, I'm totally going to have to try this! (Though I'll be sure to steer clear of "Abundance" and "Expansion" LOL!)

    I can't wait to see pics of your new sofa mixed in with your gorgeous settings. And I hope you get that new camera for your birthday! I think you take great shots already, you totally deserve to amp up the quality! When it's not such a struggle, taking pics is so much more fun, too!

    I really need to finish up a lot of lingering doll projects too. You're inspired me back-- I'm really going to try and get them done before next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Smidge. I got the couch yesterday. So fast! Even more beautiful and luxurious than the photos. I was going to post about it today but I forgot my camera at home. Will do tonight! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH! This sounds good. Sort of like positive affirmations/feng shui ish.

    I should try this but I'll need to figure out what the new year will be! Maybe creativity since I really, really want to crank out photostories, and stuff for etsy this year!

    Great Ideas Dani! Thaks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...