Skip to main content

Photostories!

Happy New Year everyone!

I've been a bit obsessed with Comic Life since I received it for Christmas. I never realized that not reading comic books can really limit you when you start to create one. Or maybe it gives you total freedom...

But it's definitely different than just writing captions, which is what I was doing for a while. You really have to be succinct. Forget all the long speeches. I mean, I know it's possible. The Hubs, a comic FANATIC told me I could just use the same image 5 times and have this long speech. But I know I don't like reading all that, so I'm going to try to avoid that. Unless it's needed for comic value.

So anyway, check out the new Vita Plastica site at weebly. Weebly is a bit aggravating to use but hey, it's free. Maybe one of these days I'll buy a domain but until then, I'll deal with the limitations.

Anyway I've got loads of character introductions and a couple of photostories. Hope it gives you a good laugh! Much more to come.

In other news, the New Year has inspired me to take some inventory. I unpacked all my unused dolls and took a look at what I could do to help these guys have a life again.



A couple of gals got new bodies, found a stand-in for my dominatrix until I go back to work and therefore can afford Simi. And a dude lost his hands to my new Peacekeeper dude. New life!

You know I see that some of you store your dolls on stands, dressed in their finery just waiting to join your stories. Hmm, so shoving them in an old milk crate isn't the best way to store them? News to me.

So I looked them over and divided them into three categories: Gangsters (members of my new crime syndicate-it's about time all my weapons get used), Hipsters (to include club kids, band members and goth/punk teens), and the Ladies who Lunch (and the husbands who get dragged along). Oh and gypsies. Now I'm dressing them and setting them up.

There are some misfits. My college girl (daughter of a lady who lunches), and my new guy, the African American Barbie Basics. I dunno what to do with this guy. He's so...wooden. haha. Really he's totally stiff. He might just need a new bod. He's not hip or a criminal, so we'll see...

Oh and I did my first repaint! Really it's comical. I bought a High School Musical Gabrielle a while back. I don't know why. She's awful. But my mob boss needed a kid, and I wanted her to be like those annoying kids with reality shows. but she was so happy. So I cut out her smile, removed her lip paint, then painted her pink lips red...with nail polish. I gave her some garish makeup with liquid liner and dressed her like a mini Paris Hilton. I still hate her. But my husband said she looks like Snooki, so I'm keeping her. Hee!

So pics of her and my new doll groups in the next post.

Hope you guys had a great new year!

smooches,
dani

Comments

  1. Loved the stories on your new blog site...very cool! I can't wait see more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grandville Summer Festival!

Hello doll friends, First up, I gotta show you this. My 4 year old was playing with my Barbie cast-offs and set up this little scene. (That yellow thing on the table is a TV shaped eraser.) Dig the lamp she made with a wedding cake and the pole from maybe a Barbie dress form? Adorbs. Anyway, this weather (raining pretty much daily for the last month or so) has wrecked my spray painting plans. Much of the royal storyline rests on this painting project. So for now I decided to continue the other stories I have going. Enjoy: "Ho-ly crap, what on earth are you wearing?" "Aw, Sook, I feel bad enough."   "Seriously. You are wearing khakis. You look cray cray. You're like somebody's mom right now. Please explain this situation." "My boss said my outfit was too sexy so I had to borrow something from Le Skater Dork over there at the cafe. Jeez, now I owe her one. Oh crap Channel 1 News is here."   "Thanks John. Lavita

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." "

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w