Skip to main content

Needing Some Quick Advice

Hey dolly pals,

I'm moved in, I'm unpacking and I'll have some shots of the room for you soon.  However, I need a little help in the downsizing department.

So before I learned how to spray paint furniture well (enough) or know the value of sealers or how to take care of nice things (still don't), I did some very sad damage to well molded plastic. Mostly, just chipping paint.

Sooooo:

Is there any way to come back from chipping paint? Other than little touch ups? Does it involve like sanding and stuff? How much work am I in for?

Does anyone buy, trade for or accept as donation, any items like this? If you are a doll crafter and can bring back furniture painted badly, would you want it? For free?

However the answer I want to hear is "Dump it."

smooches,
dani

Comments

  1. Can't answer that question without seeing pictures. Show us what your working with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dani, congrats on getting all moved in and your new dollie room. :) I'm not sure how it would be done, I would imagine experimenting would be the best bet. Maybe stripping it of the paint and re-painting? I dunno...but I'm always looking to add more "stuff" to my scene, especially because I'm super challenged in that area. So, if you're looking to "dump" or sell anything, please let me know. :) You can email me at: afroindia41@gmail.com.

    Thanks, and I'm totally looking forward to seeing your new set up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I'll do a post soon with the items that I'm talking about. Once I can see the floor....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeee.... I feel for your unpacking pains and downsizing dilemma. Bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...