Skip to main content

Suprise Poppy!

The Poppy Parker the hubs bought behind my back arrived yesterday! She was bought nude but SURPRISE, she came with the outfit! Oh please don't let the seller contact us!

The earrings and shoes were gone and her hair looks a little to' up, and her joints are loosey goosey but she's really adorable.
 
She's giving me a real beatnik vibe. I decided to cancel my plans for an art room in the doll apartment building and gave it to her. She'll be an actress/college student. I've always liked the name Poppy but I think I'll be renaming her. Within moments, she and Rockabilly Legolas Ken were all over each other.

So you know Miho's Eames bed? No? Well, you'll see more of it now. I had to give it to Poppy, so now I have a free room in the apartment house! My new Momoko will be moving in! More on that in a few days.

Here is Poppy in the new kitchen I'm putting together. I was looking at doll homes on Flickr and I loved the way Blythe or Momoko owners have these high color cutesy apartments. But good cutesy like Harijuku kids. So I'm working on something that looks realistic but like, me and my friends would own it. Kitschy.

Check out her feet. She's got articulated ankles but it seems a bit...stranger on her feet than on a Liv doll. And please tell me her feet fit Barbie and Fashion Royalty shoes. Or homegirl will have to go barefoot. Otherwise her body is just like a Dynamite Girl.
But it's time for less dolls and more doll WORK!

Upcoming projects:

I've decided my douchey Barbie Basics Ken #15 will have his transformation documented. He will start out in the original body and over time, as I learn how to sculpt a face, find the perfect girl body, reroot and repaint him. And learn how to do all that.

The Gypsy Caravan: I've decided not to get it painted by my artist friend. There is something really simple and pretty about it. There will be photos soon.

The Apartment Building: I'm covering the black "walls" of this IKEA Expedit shelf with white contact paper for now, but will be painted within the next few months I hope. Making backs for the shelves with windows out of foam core.

Simi's House: I still have the hankering for a goth house. Until I have the time and energy she's going to "rent" a house which will pack away flat when not in use. Or maybe will be used for a bar too or something.

A sexy and scandalous photo story starring Josephine Baker.

That's all for now folks! I'll check in with you when my Momoko gets here!

smooches,
dani

Comments

  1. I'm so tempted by this version of Poppy. I may get her but then swap her body. Her feet are flat but they may fit certains shoes. All of Poppy's shoes are matronly (IMHO).

    Your hubby did great :O)Good luck on all the projects

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...