Skip to main content

Celebrity Repaint Assistance!

You know, about a year ago, I decided I would do a recurring segment about my Favorite things. It never occurred again. I tend to curse myself when I say I'm going to do something on a weekly basis. So I'm not even going to pretend that I'm going to do this again, though I do have the best intentions...

There are many people out there in doll world that are deserving of praise and to be pimped. If not for Smidgehouse many of you wouldn't be here reading this. So today I'm going to tell you about my doll friends, starting with Angela!

We met several months ago on the Doll Divas board. She was looking for a Barbie head and I happened to have it. It started a great trading friendship. As we began to talk she told me about her skill in matching doll sculpts with human faces.

I mentioned 100 years ago wanted to repaint a Poppy Parker for my daughter since she has that signature pout. I mentioned this to Angela and she did some research and found several other molds that would be even better! Then we started talking about celebs and I began to realize this woman has an incredible eye! Does she go around looking at people and imagining them as dolls? (Answer: Yes basically) She has a way of breaking down facial features and structures that never ceases to amaze me. And you can tell she really loves it. Nothing like when a doll person finds their niche.

So if you are looking for a doll to repaint in a celeb's image or your own or a loved ones, please check out her website here: http://facesculptfinder.com/

She also tailors her searches for your skill set. If you can't repaint at all she can find you the right match. Just check out the pics on her front page. And don't miss her blog!

Comments

  1. Awww, thanks SO much for your homage ;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing Angela to us. You are right, she has an incredible talent for spotting resemblances!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...