Skip to main content

Versatile Blogger Award!



Wow, I don't think I've ever been awarded anything for this blog. And I've had two nominations in the last month. Feels pretty good to be liked for doing what I love.

So first of all, thank you Sergio Alabiso!

And thank you to D7ana!

Both of you have been huge supporters and big time commenters even though I am a slacker and never comment on anything. I really appreciate the love.

You all can click on their names to link to their respective blogs. And view the VBA rules here: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules/

15 is pretty small number to nominate so if I leave you out, I apologize.

The Toybox Philosopher
Hey, It's Muff
The Duke of Swann
A Doll Affinity
The Traveling Twig
All 4 Barbie
One Sixth Avenue
My Froggy Stuff
One Sixth Scale Dollhouse
The Fashion Doll Review
Shuga Shug
I Luv Dolls
Fashion Dolls at Van's Doll Treasures
The Waverlys
Saucy Suwi's Building of The Priors

Hmm, now seven things about myself? This is always tough.


  • I'm always cranky but I'm also always smiling.
  • I always wanted to decorate store windows. I think this is why I love doll work so much.
  • I'm a mother of two girls under five that seem to have inherited aspects of my doll love. (Crafting and plotlines)
  • My family is Haitian and my husband's family is Puerto Rican. We call our child "Haitericans," which is perfect because we're such haters.
  • My husband is also a toy collector as well as a DJ (which makes him a record, cd and mp3 collector.) He also collects comic books. Sigh. 
  • I have basically had the same hairdo since I was 12. But I always wanted purple hair. One day, my love, one day.
  • I believe this bit to be true for most of us: You know how they say in dreams, every person is actually you? I believe this is true with our dolls. And those that are not were close friends or that cool girl in high school that I wanted to be like. 


Okay so a couple of those weren't about me but like my dolls, my family is me. Now if only they would just hush up and let me pose them in little outfits.

Thanks again for the nomination!

smooches,
dani






Comments

  1. I love your humor and I follow most of those sites.Now I am going to check out the others. :-)

    CONGRATULATIONSSSSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dani! You are welcome. Glad to read more about you and to see the bloggers you recommend.

    Comments are small payments in return for your funtastic writings and diorams. More, more, more! When you can and wish, of course.

    Once, I thought that your blog was about expensive doll furniture - so glad to have found that not true. Don't know how I came to that conclusion. Never been so glad to have been so wrong. Thanks for posting and sharing your world - 1:6 and 1:1 with us ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's well deserved! Yours is one of the most interesting blog here, always fun, not full of cheap goodism and never boring :-) I hope you will keep the good job, thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog your funny and creative and always post nice pictures even if you don't think so! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grandville Summer Festival!

Hello doll friends, First up, I gotta show you this. My 4 year old was playing with my Barbie cast-offs and set up this little scene. (That yellow thing on the table is a TV shaped eraser.) Dig the lamp she made with a wedding cake and the pole from maybe a Barbie dress form? Adorbs. Anyway, this weather (raining pretty much daily for the last month or so) has wrecked my spray painting plans. Much of the royal storyline rests on this painting project. So for now I decided to continue the other stories I have going. Enjoy: "Ho-ly crap, what on earth are you wearing?" "Aw, Sook, I feel bad enough."   "Seriously. You are wearing khakis. You look cray cray. You're like somebody's mom right now. Please explain this situation." "My boss said my outfit was too sexy so I had to borrow something from Le Skater Dork over there at the cafe. Jeez, now I owe her one. Oh crap Channel 1 News is here."   "Thanks John. Lavita

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." "

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w