Skip to main content

Dani the Grouch

I've always loved Oscar the Grouch. He reminds me of my dad. If you are not his kid or grandkid, you better scram because he doesn't want to hear any of your crap. I hope to be a cranky old lady one day. Another fine quality Oscar has is that your trash is his treasure.

I am the same way. Since I was in high school I wanted thrift store clothes, I wanted everyone's cast offs. My mother remarked today at a family gathering that when our house burned down and I lost everything, she didn't have to worry about paying a fortune for replacing designer duds. As long as my drawings and writings were okay, I was too.

Even now, if anything is being given away, I'll take it, even if I don't need it.

The other day, the Hubs came home with 3 wooden wine crates. He wanted to use them for records but the are not the right size. My gain!

Not sure what to do with them yet. Diva Details on Flickr makes store windows and these might be a good framework for that. Or maybe I'll make some room boxes. Not that I have room for them but what kind of a hoarder would I be if I thought about THAT?

Iris's Barbie (Chocolate Sensation or some such silly name) is here to show you scale:


In other news, the lighthouse is still untouched. I'm working on how to remove a shelf without destroying the whole thing. I've been seeing lighthouses everywhere. Kitchen Nightmares, bumper stickers, the desktop images that came with my computer. It's a gentle reminder to move my butt on this project. But woodworking and kids really don't mix very well.

As March comes to a close, so does my maternity leave. Soon I'll be back behind a desk pushing papers for the man. And it's busy season for college applications (I work for a university), so I might be here a little less. But yes, I always say that but I just can't quit you, dolly blog!

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with the crates. Those window seats are great from the ones I've seen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...