Skip to main content

Score!

So last week the Hubs tells me the neighbors put some weird shelves outside. One in the shape of a boat, the other a lighthouse. I was intrigued, then obsessed. I have been thinking of a few things lately. My future doll room (done up like a little town), the name of the town, quality, location, etc.

Sounds like I'm on a tangent, but it's all related. But first, pretend you are me watching this potential greatness on the other side of the fence. Watch this thing sit out in torrential rain. Unappreciated, unloved.



So anyway, I had always thought of my doll town as Manhattan or Paris, but I started thinking about a smaller city. A small town even. But a posh one. I thought of mountains. I started researching mountain towns in southern France. There is one, Foix, I think that surrounds a little castle called "The Chateau". I started to imagine my upscale tourist village with spas and ski, etc.

Okay so imagine a room with sky blue walls, a sun, some grass or whatever, a road, sidewalk, etc. (all built up on tables so you can photograph and store stuff). An airplane or two dangling from the ceiling. And murals of mountains. Maybe I'll have a Chateau as well where all my sci-fi, supernatural stuff might take place.

But anyway, above the crashing waves on a lonely cliff (or point, as I believe they call it) is my lighthouse. I actually have a character lost at sea at this is a great way to bring him back! (Don't get excited, at this rate, it will be a couple of years until you see him)

Today was an exceptionally beautiful day so I took the kids out and I see a dude in the backyard next door. He's a friend of the homeowner and agrees to ask for me. The owner wants $10. A ripoff, but this is one of those tacky pieces of junk you just find by chance at a yard sale. Who knows when I could do this again.

So now it's ours! (Meaning you and me people). Okay see it below. Joe is there for size reference:



I'll be ripping out some shelves, building a staircase (or maybe the My Scene spiral stairs that I never use. I'll have to build a lantern thingy on top which should be fun. A sad little bed maybe. He has to be the lonely, yet inexplicably hot lighthouse keeper...

I want to extend the second tier so he can take a lonely walk overlooking the sea, his harsh mistress.

I'll be doing a lot of lighthouse research so I can make it purdy. This is gonna be fun, right?

Now since I have a lighthouse, I'll be required a boat or two. Damn this hobby.

In other news, I'm working on the lingerie making challenge for the Figurevore board. It's due today but I'll just have to be late. It's going so well that I'm thinking of making a collection of these things for my dolls. More will be revealed soon...

smooches,
dani

PS: Oh yeah, the name of the town. I'm not 100% yet.



Comments

  1. I can see the possibilities..can't wait to see your progress with this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...