Skip to main content

My Goodies!

It was a very successful mail weekend for me. Here are some pics, but first: Okay so year of luxury is coming to a close. The new year will begin October 31st. I wanted it to be called like Year of Thrift or similar, but it's better to have positive associations, so it might be the Year of Making Money or something. Anyway it's all about saving for a house. But what of my doll collecting?

Well, next year will focus on photography, interior decor, doll customization and the like. I WILL resist new dolls. I was talking to my boss about this. She is a cake maker, you know the Ace of Cakes type that makes your cake look like a purse or whatever. To make sure she doesn't have a massive cake accessories binge, she buys herself a gift card. And that is her budget for the month or whatever. I think this is a great idea. So I'll put some money on a gift card and it might be 4 Barbies or one Fashion Royalty but when it's gone, it's gone.

Until then, let us enjoy the binge:

Oooh la la. Voici, Mademoiselle Marie est la! Comes with three outfits plus a nice camel trench coat, bag, scarf, 2 berets, boots, scarf, phone thing with Morse code thingy. 

 Her face mold is nice. Her eyes look friggin' crazy. I mean, can a gal have some eyelashes? Nice lips though. Also, her chest is sort of rubbery. It's weird. I'm pretty sure I'm scrapping her body for parts. I might make her someone's mother later or something.
 June looks rather fetching in her sweater:

 "I have been expecting you."  Seriously, as soon as I laid out Carmen's cards, ending with the King of Swords, here comes the mail carrier with this sworded fellow. His shirt and pants are one piece. I think I'll be cutting that up in the future...
 Anyway they bonded really well. I removed his little red cross scar, his soul patch (and a bit of his lip. oops). Thinking about removing the beard but that might make his obnoxious goatee look weird, which I will be cutting off.
Got my coffee table and leather armchair too. I love the Building Idea folks. They're on vacation, but they'll be back... The leather chair is sturdy heavy and really well made. The coffee table has a beautiful glaze and it's the perfect size. Felix is feeling under the weather. Maybe having some problems adjusting to the new body?
Alisha below has a new body. It's a Swappin' Styles body unfortunately, but you can't really tell where all the seams are thankfully. Hanna is telling her about her friend Remi who is moving to Grandville soon. Or maybe complaining that her bangs are STILL not right. Don't worry Hanna. Me and my buddy Elmer's are on the case.
That's all I have to report. I'm still working on Ms. Fear's reroot, then I have two more right behind it. Advice, don't give your dolls baldies until you're ready to reroot. I have Mrs. Fear and Poppy Parker, and dreadlocks to make (oh, got my wool roving too). It's never ending. But hey, it's Dolly University right? Gotta do my school work!

smooches,
dani

Comments

  1. I was so trying to resist Miss Fear & Mademoiselle Marie but I may have to cave. June has a great new wardrobe to boot. No I must buckle down and resist..but I won't LOL

    Love all the new goodies :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really prejudiced against Ms. Fear at first but I've grown to love her. You can't beat Tuesday Morning's price on these guys. All the props make it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got him! Love that Johnny Depp guys, lol. Your couch and chair are awesome too. I still have my Trichelle on the old Fashionistas body with the whack knees but I will be getting a swappin' style soon for another girl. So, it's good to know the seam isn't all that bad. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grandville Summer Festival!

Hello doll friends, First up, I gotta show you this. My 4 year old was playing with my Barbie cast-offs and set up this little scene. (That yellow thing on the table is a TV shaped eraser.) Dig the lamp she made with a wedding cake and the pole from maybe a Barbie dress form? Adorbs. Anyway, this weather (raining pretty much daily for the last month or so) has wrecked my spray painting plans. Much of the royal storyline rests on this painting project. So for now I decided to continue the other stories I have going. Enjoy: "Ho-ly crap, what on earth are you wearing?" "Aw, Sook, I feel bad enough."   "Seriously. You are wearing khakis. You look cray cray. You're like somebody's mom right now. Please explain this situation." "My boss said my outfit was too sexy so I had to borrow something from Le Skater Dork over there at the cafe. Jeez, now I owe her one. Oh crap Channel 1 News is here."   "Thanks John. Lavita

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." "

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w