Skip to main content

Acquisitions 2010

Man, I went through this blog from the announcement of  Year of Luxury to now and the number of acquisitions makes me ill. And to come away feeling like I didn't get much of anything.

So here is the list. I am including gifts here too. I'm not getting into too much detail. This is depressing enough!

Smidgehouse sofa
FR Luggage
Mid Century furniture from Liz Retros
Comic Life software
Vintage Vinyl Gavin
Jonathan Adler Barbie (2)
Jonathan Adler Barbie Couch (2)
Tripod
FDQ: In Focus
Photography Lights
Digital Camera
Punk Rock Outfits
Barbie Basics Accessory Pack
Dusty (CZ girl)
Mattel Wooden Bed
World Peacekeeper guy
Dragon Body
Man head for Dragon body (haven't even revealed this character!)
Brunette Ken (aka: Douchebag Ken, aka Gypsy Ken, aka June that transsexual)
3 Camels
Small plastic farm, animals
Momoko doll
Coney Island Poppy
Pop Life Dolls (5) They were on sale!
Lighthouse
Mr. Z First class
Harley Davidson couple
Mr. Z Fly Girl
Barbie Airplane
Domain name
Artsy Fashionista
Barbie Basics AA Ken
Dynamite Boy Remi
Doll hair, paint, brushes for repaints
Barbie Washer/Dryer
Comme ca du Mao Susie
Barbie house, clothes, obitsu bodies (in trade)
Body for Felix
Coffee Table, plastic
Coffee Table, wood
Wooden Shelf
Dani's couch
Dani's "leather" chair (now it's Josephine's)
Doll house store stuff: plants, shelf, little doodads
Handcuffs
Mademoiselle Marie
Jack Sparrow Barbie
Barbie loves Elvis
Sinatra Barbie
Girls in the City Rement set
Wool Roving
Barbie Basics Blonde
Lt. Sulu doll
OSS sock monkey hat
LIV patio set

I think that's it. I'm sure more are on their way (about to order that Barbie fold up house with the red door and the orange washer dryer...)

I vow that during the Year of Prosperity to really choose my purchases more wisely. I could have bought a lot more LIV dolls and had articulated bodies, great clothes and traded the heads.  I need to spend more on craft supplies and more time working on photography. Better furniture and less plastic!

But with Barbies working on this Star Doll thing....(I had no idea these were available yet...) I see them all over ebay but not on Barbie.com or Amazon....Hmmm.

Really when you see it typed, that list isn't so bad.

Comments

  1. You bought some nice items. How do you like the FDQ In Focus book? I went to Wu Con last week and I was hoping that the book would be in the salesroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that isn't too bad. Oh wait. It says 2010. How far into 2011 does that go? Will the list for 2011 be out in January? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgia Girl, the book was pretty good. It's like a big magazine. It was pretty helpful but I'll still have to get myself a good book on digital photography.

    Vanessa, my new year begins October 31st. I may have gotten a slight jump on the new year but let's say from October 1st-October 1st.

    But thank you for being my enabler! When you think about it, many of the purchases were Barbie so not too pricey or anything...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grandville Summer Festival!

Hello doll friends, First up, I gotta show you this. My 4 year old was playing with my Barbie cast-offs and set up this little scene. (That yellow thing on the table is a TV shaped eraser.) Dig the lamp she made with a wedding cake and the pole from maybe a Barbie dress form? Adorbs. Anyway, this weather (raining pretty much daily for the last month or so) has wrecked my spray painting plans. Much of the royal storyline rests on this painting project. So for now I decided to continue the other stories I have going. Enjoy: "Ho-ly crap, what on earth are you wearing?" "Aw, Sook, I feel bad enough."   "Seriously. You are wearing khakis. You look cray cray. You're like somebody's mom right now. Please explain this situation." "My boss said my outfit was too sexy so I had to borrow something from Le Skater Dork over there at the cafe. Jeez, now I owe her one. Oh crap Channel 1 News is here."   "Thanks John. Lavita

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." "

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w