Skip to main content

Dolly Reassignments

My Fellow Collectors,

Did you know I used to write novels?  Well I did and they sucked magnificently. My main problem (other than plot and all the writing that wasn't dialogue) is my inability to edit. How can one edit? Whatever I wrote really happened and you can't change the past. Once I tried. It wasn't even in the novel. It was this fully fleshed out back story that went on for 30 pages. When I decided she'd be a better jewel thief than a private detective, I had to scrap that back story. But I was never free of it. Sometimes I'd refer to something in her past but it was that OTHER girl's past.

Why the hell am I talking about this? It's about my Heartbreaker TJ. I have such a hard time with this girl. And just when I want to sell her, I look at that bone structure, that beautiful hair and I just cannot bear to dump her. So I reinvent. I EDIT her.

She so purdy. A good model but boring.


She's been a reporter, a socialite, model (for Dolly U.) a baby mama. I just wanted to involve her so I made her the mother of Julian. You can sense her disinterest.


Ugh, she's so dull. Who is she?


Then there was the whole custody battle thing. What I really want is to see this happy family together with no complications. (Okay what I really want is to remove all children from all Grandville storylines. They are more boring than long, healthy committed relationships.)



So I propose wiping Veronica Taheri's back story from history. I feel terrible about it. It's going to throw off my stories, but I have a new job for her. She can still be half-Arab, half-black American heiress but she'll have a real purpose. More on that later.

Trying to make Fetch Happen

Since the last house, I've been trying to set these two up.  I didn't think they were feeling each other so I put him with another girl and his expression changed from angry to captivated.

I thought I was imagining things, and Tallulah looked so sad by herself, so I tried to pose these two in an embrace. It was like a force-field was between them. They were unposable! And he looked angry again.

Then I went to repose him with another girl and it's like they were magnets! While I was trying to pose her to embrace him, his hands went to all sorts of private regions. He looked happy again. And SHE looks happy. She doesn't have to wait for Cheerleader Barbie Boy now.

Don't fret, Tallulah prefers men of wealth anyway. Not a lowly teacher with a teenage kid.

Who is dude's new lady love? (I don't remember naming him. Maybe Judah?) Well, sit tight my friends. But I'll give you a clue. My Hommeboys love Barbies. Integrity makes some cold ass women, I guess.

smooches,
dani



Comments

  1. You are too funny but very real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL How much coffee did you drink this morning? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I being a spazz? Yeah that happens. But I swear it was only 40 ounces of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! The novelist dilemma and doubts and imaginative crossroads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, now my curiosity is piqued! I want to see who he ended up with. I agree that sometimes dolly couples just don't work out. That's why I wait until I see how the chemistry is before declaring couples. I do love that Monogram doll though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of like dating. I don't wait until I find a soul mate before I talk about a date. I had worked out a story line for them but luckily never shot it. I still might do the story but substitute the new lady in...

      Delete
  6. Lol!! You are hilarious! Monogram does not appear to be interested at all. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, wait until you see who she ends up with. I won't say she traded up. I think Judah (?) is hotter but...well, you'll see.

      Delete
  7. This post cracks me up, but is so true... even if it's just us imposing how we feel about the dolls onto them, they take on a force that we have to reckon with. Especially relationship-wise. Sometimes they just don't fit visually... no matter how much we'd like to force the issue. XD

    I don't blame you on wanting to evict kids. In stories that focus on adults, they're really often just cute little accessories. They're rarely ever given as much weight as a grown up character.

    I say "Evict the kids" if that's how your feeling. I mean, it's not like you can't add them all back in later if you end up really hating it. :)

    http://travelingtwig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Down with children! I'm glad you feel me. Setting up little rooms does not do it for me. I love seeing them but in my own tiny space, I just do not have room!

      Delete
  8. I thinks this is part of the reason I have drafts! Working out a storyline and working out couples. I too think many of the IT gals seem a bit cold and I am waiting on AA Cheerleader Ken too. I noticed they didn't have him pictured in the catalog. I am wondering if they plan to keep the same face or change him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll welcome either as long as he is pivotal!

      Delete
  9. I had the same problem with my TJ Heartbreaker and I still can't figure out why I just wasn't that into her. I ended up keeping her body and trading her head for an AA Action figure. :/ I'm surprised that I still don't feel any regret...maybe later. Tallulah is STUNNING but she does look like she eats men up for breakfast, LOL. I could be way off but she strikes me as the type who has a couple really good looking boy toys around but has not need for them after that.

    I'm waiting on my AA cheerleader guy too. I wanted to get multiples but couldn't afford it right away and now they're sold out. Oh well, hope Mattel doesn't mess me up with a bad quality doll. Anyway, now that he's pivotal he's going to shake things up around here and that usually means a couple change. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grandville Summer Festival!

Hello doll friends, First up, I gotta show you this. My 4 year old was playing with my Barbie cast-offs and set up this little scene. (That yellow thing on the table is a TV shaped eraser.) Dig the lamp she made with a wedding cake and the pole from maybe a Barbie dress form? Adorbs. Anyway, this weather (raining pretty much daily for the last month or so) has wrecked my spray painting plans. Much of the royal storyline rests on this painting project. So for now I decided to continue the other stories I have going. Enjoy: "Ho-ly crap, what on earth are you wearing?" "Aw, Sook, I feel bad enough."   "Seriously. You are wearing khakis. You look cray cray. You're like somebody's mom right now. Please explain this situation." "My boss said my outfit was too sexy so I had to borrow something from Le Skater Dork over there at the cafe. Jeez, now I owe her one. Oh crap Channel 1 News is here."   "Thanks John. Lavita

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." "

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w