Skip to main content

Social Obligations Interfere

I had a friend over this weekend as well as a bridal shower to attend so I was not very productive.

Which means I just built a desk and stained it, re-stained my bookshelf to match it, constructed several books and set up my dinner party. That's all. hee

It was refreshing to do a little doll playing after my months of painting and constructing. As is usually the case, my dolls took over and totally changed the storyline.

The dinner party was supposed to be a collection of artists from around doll town and there Josephine would meet her gypsy man. But it turned out to be a crowd of call girls and Johns, madams and gangsters. This is all very ordinary for Josephine. For a 104 year old with French sensibilities, she doesn't make a big deal of such things.

But how did the gypsy show up? Okay so I'll take some pics, then throw another party with artists.

In the meantime, as I mentioned in the comments on a previous post, Carmen the gypsy is too hot and independent to desire marriage right now. Can you imagine some *turn up your nose* Barbie all up in her caravan cramping her style?

In other news, I have realized that the chandelier in Josephine's dining room is too low which is inescapable. And the table is too short. I might just make this a sitting room after all...

This week/weekend, I work on the wainscoting for her living room. I might make a room divider and create a sort of foyer...

I think I'm being influenced by other doll collectors. I'm more interested in posing the dolls beautifully and thinking my photostories rather than doing them. I guess because it takes so long and there is a delightful small child who is getting all handsy with my Fashion Royalties.

Speaking of which, I've decided against selling my barbie junk right now. I know I have years to wait, but the kid already likes dolls, so I might as well save some of this for her...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...