Skip to main content

Animals!

Okay I have no time for a real photoshoot, but I'm itching to talk about something doll related that isn't, "One of these days I'm going to build/buy/design blah blah." So forgive the quickly snapped, shots of my latest acquisitions:

1/6th (ish) camels. My mother gave me these. The leather one below was originally mine. I think I got it at a street fair in New York. I named him Jugdish in honor of the Seinfeld India episode. (Jerry's name in Hindi)

The saddle on this one is falling apart but I like him best I think. As you can see in this shot, Jugdish suffered a knee injury and now has an incense burner under his hoof to stabilize him. So, there are a couple projects for me.

This one was actually given to my daughter. He's the best one. He had a saddle too but I swiped it from her for my dominatrix to use.

I was looking for 1/6th chickens for my gypsy girl, Carmen. I don't know why, but I think gypsies just need to have chickens. I scoured the internet but nothing was quite right. I know Re-ment has a chicken in one of their sets, but it just wasn't worth it to me for one reason or another. Same with the farm animal sets. But then I looked through the bargain area in Target:

$1 each my friends. And each containing a hen AND a rooster. The ducks work too. A simple paint job will do wonders.

Here are the other animals. A couple can work at least...



In other news, I'm working on more character bios. I did Ms. Fear's today and it surprised and touched me. Do your characters ever surprise you while you're writing/photographing?

Also bought some scrapbook paper, but I forgot to photograph it. Next time.

What else? Oh also revitalizing my flickr account. Most of you have received new friend requests from La Vita Plastica. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vita_plastica/

Is there a way I can make it default on my sets instead of the photostream? The photostream is reverse order so my comics are all backward...

Okay I better go. Got two kids crying at once. One of them is faking. Ahem.

smooches,
dani

Comments

  1. If you're looking for more animals, have a look at companies like Schleich and Papo. Not everything works with the scale (most will be too small), but some of their animals work astonishingly well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are AWESOME! Your girls look so cool riding the Camels. I gotta get myself a couple of the S.I.S. kids. I only have one AA Kelly, cute but she's an unknown doll.

    Very nice pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Oooh Amithi you're a bad influence! Great suggestion. They look realistic and the price is right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome. :D I use Schleich animals all the time in outdoorsy dioramas or separate shoots, but then it's second hobby for me to take pictures of them. Plus my nephew and nieces love them, so that's another excuse to have a look and maybe buy one or the other. The rabbits for example make lovely pets in 1:6.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...