Skip to main content

No Post This Week

This post is to tell you there is no post this week. We are having a massive yard sale this weekend and the only place to keep the crap out of the clutches of tiny hands is to put it in my doll room. Sigh.

The humidity has also kept me from spray painting my airplane anyway. Something tells me I'm not going to make my deadline.

But I did buy some doll hair, brushes for repaint and a button shank remover, so I'm excited about getting to work.

I haven't formally announced it yet, there's no sense in making announcements with no pictures, but my mom and I are going into business together doing doll stuff. I'm not telling anything yet, but I will tell you she's a seamstress. That's my only clue for you guys and it isn't much of one, considering the spectrum of doll work out there. This is why I have to work on my photography skills! Okay here's a picture for you.

Me and Mom, 1976

We have some friends who are moving to San Francisco, so we got great deals on some of their furniture. None of it is for dolls but the Hubs is able to reorganize his DJ room so I inherit a shelf from him that I will be using to stage my photos. It's not in the greatest place but having a permanent staging area will really help when it comes to set up time and "wait, where did I put my camera"?

Huh. Well, this turned into a post after all.

smooches,
dani

Comments

  1. Adorable photo of you and your Mom.

    Good luck with your business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Cheering for you & mom! Much success and most importantly I hope its a ton of fun for you both. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grandville Summer Festival!

Hello doll friends, First up, I gotta show you this. My 4 year old was playing with my Barbie cast-offs and set up this little scene. (That yellow thing on the table is a TV shaped eraser.) Dig the lamp she made with a wedding cake and the pole from maybe a Barbie dress form? Adorbs. Anyway, this weather (raining pretty much daily for the last month or so) has wrecked my spray painting plans. Much of the royal storyline rests on this painting project. So for now I decided to continue the other stories I have going. Enjoy: "Ho-ly crap, what on earth are you wearing?" "Aw, Sook, I feel bad enough."   "Seriously. You are wearing khakis. You look cray cray. You're like somebody's mom right now. Please explain this situation." "My boss said my outfit was too sexy so I had to borrow something from Le Skater Dork over there at the cafe. Jeez, now I owe her one. Oh crap Channel 1 News is here."   "Thanks John. Lavita

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." "

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w