Skip to main content

Acquisitions 2010

Man, I went through this blog from the announcement of  Year of Luxury to now and the number of acquisitions makes me ill. And to come away feeling like I didn't get much of anything.

So here is the list. I am including gifts here too. I'm not getting into too much detail. This is depressing enough!

Smidgehouse sofa
FR Luggage
Mid Century furniture from Liz Retros
Comic Life software
Vintage Vinyl Gavin
Jonathan Adler Barbie (2)
Jonathan Adler Barbie Couch (2)
Tripod
FDQ: In Focus
Photography Lights
Digital Camera
Punk Rock Outfits
Barbie Basics Accessory Pack
Dusty (CZ girl)
Mattel Wooden Bed
World Peacekeeper guy
Dragon Body
Man head for Dragon body (haven't even revealed this character!)
Brunette Ken (aka: Douchebag Ken, aka Gypsy Ken, aka June that transsexual)
3 Camels
Small plastic farm, animals
Momoko doll
Coney Island Poppy
Pop Life Dolls (5) They were on sale!
Lighthouse
Mr. Z First class
Harley Davidson couple
Mr. Z Fly Girl
Barbie Airplane
Domain name
Artsy Fashionista
Barbie Basics AA Ken
Dynamite Boy Remi
Doll hair, paint, brushes for repaints
Barbie Washer/Dryer
Comme ca du Mao Susie
Barbie house, clothes, obitsu bodies (in trade)
Body for Felix
Coffee Table, plastic
Coffee Table, wood
Wooden Shelf
Dani's couch
Dani's "leather" chair (now it's Josephine's)
Doll house store stuff: plants, shelf, little doodads
Handcuffs
Mademoiselle Marie
Jack Sparrow Barbie
Barbie loves Elvis
Sinatra Barbie
Girls in the City Rement set
Wool Roving
Barbie Basics Blonde
Lt. Sulu doll
OSS sock monkey hat
LIV patio set

I think that's it. I'm sure more are on their way (about to order that Barbie fold up house with the red door and the orange washer dryer...)

I vow that during the Year of Prosperity to really choose my purchases more wisely. I could have bought a lot more LIV dolls and had articulated bodies, great clothes and traded the heads.  I need to spend more on craft supplies and more time working on photography. Better furniture and less plastic!

But with Barbies working on this Star Doll thing....(I had no idea these were available yet...) I see them all over ebay but not on Barbie.com or Amazon....Hmmm.

Really when you see it typed, that list isn't so bad.

Comments

  1. You bought some nice items. How do you like the FDQ In Focus book? I went to Wu Con last week and I was hoping that the book would be in the salesroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that isn't too bad. Oh wait. It says 2010. How far into 2011 does that go? Will the list for 2011 be out in January? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgia Girl, the book was pretty good. It's like a big magazine. It was pretty helpful but I'll still have to get myself a good book on digital photography.

    Vanessa, my new year begins October 31st. I may have gotten a slight jump on the new year but let's say from October 1st-October 1st.

    But thank you for being my enabler! When you think about it, many of the purchases were Barbie so not too pricey or anything...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...