Skip to main content

Airplane and Body Art

Hi guys! It's been a minute! My new crazy-busy job and my demented idea to move the girls into one bedroom has eaten up many nights this week. Still I do have something to show for those stolen moments.

Miho! I'm pretty proud of this. I can see where I need to clean it up but I wanted to post it because I'm so excited for the future of Grandville tattooing. She needs some water in the background so I might add that later.

Look for this tattoo in an upcoming photostory. Really, I mean it.


The wedding cake for Dani and Felix arrived. It's got a good height to it, is not covered in pink and it was super cheapo.  I don't think I'm even going to embellish it. Just gotta find the bride and groom for the top and I'm done.  I think.

Here she is, Josephine's private jet, La Sirene. I wonder how to make accent marks in Blogger...Eventually there will be a stylized mermaid on either side (with her tail coming down the wing) but I haven't even established the mermaid legend of Grandville so I gotta slow my roll.
 Here's the cockpit.
 And the interior.

Here is my air hostess who is yet to be named. See what a photography problem this airplane creates? I think Vanessa talked about this issue before.
 But I've seen you guys do some tight shots to eliminate that problem

 

And if I move the seat over to the wall or whatever, I can get some better angles.


Meet Scottie-Beth, La Sirene's pilot. This is her first gig out of grad school and she couldn't be more thrilled to be Grandville's only pilot.
 She couldn't resist giving you a little pin up action.
 The seats are a sewing project and if you read this blog, you know I'm not so fond of the sewing. But hey, not too bad.
 Scottie Beth at the controls.
 I just added a trifold project board in the back and it's much better. Sort of.
 "We serve world class food and drink."

That phone gave me the hardest time. I had another phone to use but I painted it using model paint and it got all tacky, then I removed the paint with acetone and it ate off the original pink even, then spray painted it which was also tacky, then the acetone kept eating away at it until it just looked like an eraser. Even this incarnation took like 3 tries to pull off.

See La Sirene in action for Dani and Felix's honeymoon.

Also, thanks to the IRS, I was able to order myself some cool prezzies. Stay tuned!

smooches,
dani

Comments

  1. Oh my! The tattoo is remarkable. I can't wait to see more body art in Grandville. And the gals working the plane are so pin-up and awesome! I bet the boys of Grandville are going to want to hop a ride. ;) lol The seats turned out great. Did you actually sew them or did you end up going hot glue crazy? (I'm guilty of this) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, you did a great job on the tatoo. The plane looks awesome and the pilots are divine. I look forward to seeing what happens in Granville.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    Cat, yes, I really did sew those seat covers. It was all hand-work and barely one straight stitch but I finally got it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tattoo looks so cool! When I have time off, I planning on starting to try to make tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tattoo. Congrats on getting the cake out the way. It looks nice. Sure wish mine was done. Hey, you pilot is on my list. But I haven't been actively seeking her out. Every time I see her somewhere I remember that I put her on the list. Can't wait to see the plane in action. It does look better with the white board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, everything looks great! The airplane is so detailed, the cake looks delicious and the tattoo is bangin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tattoo looks so cool!
    Greetings from Polish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...