Skip to main content

Oh Flibbertygibberts!

I want to use such profanity right now! At the precise moment on Christmas Eve I was unpacking the doll closet, where my the poor Grandvillians have languished these long months, our landlord rolled up, unannounced to tell us he's selling the place and basically we have to leave. Let me tell you, it was a somber Christmas, putting on the brave face for the kids and such.

Fudge!!! So no unpacking of dolls, no reboot of projects. No doll blogging! This sucks. But let's look on the bright side. Perhaps we will find a better house, put down some roots and get in debt to the bank for the rest of our lives. If we're lucky!

So my dears, it will be two months of purging a lot of junk and packing up. Sigh.

I hope I'll pop in with a pic now and again. And I'm still doing a doll give away when I reach 100 followers. I'm at 96! I'll be sure to put together a giveaway doll and keep her in a safe place.

Sorry for the big tease! I'll see you around the ides of March!

smooches,
dani

Comments

  1. OH my goodness Dani!!!! I can't even begin to imagine that! I commend you for sticking to flibberty gibbets...I'd have been hard pressed not to use all those special characters to make up bad words!

    Good luck in your search for a new HOME! May you find exactly what you are looking for and exactly what you need! Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray for you and your family that everything gonna be alright
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sergio! Moving used to be fun when I only had a one bedroom apartment!

      Delete
  3. Gah! I'm really sorry. My friend was in the same position a couple months ago, and I had to help her pack everything in about 2 weeks! But I'm sure Grandville will look even better at your new place, and I can't wait for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, how frustrating! You definitely have the right attitude though. This could be the start of something awesome. :) Sending good vibes and energy your way, I know you'll be super busy for a while.

    I hope you guys still get to enjoy New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Gonna give you a little nudge toward owning that home of your own so you can turn this lemon into lemonade! Much luck and sending positive vibes your way. Bon courage !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ro! I still unearthed one doll home. At least I can take some pics in the meantime!

      Delete
  6. Yikes! I think I would have had a breakdown! Nice guy to drop it on you on Xmas eve, too! :P Well, I do seem to remember talking to you about how much you missed moving & packing and unpacking, and having new surroundings... maybe the universe was listening, lol. Hope you guys find a great place. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...