Skip to main content

[in that spongebob narrator voice] Ten Years Later

 Well friends, it's been 10 years!  I'm not sure if any of my older friends and followers still blog or still read blogs.  I've been in the BJD hobby all this time a while it was satisfying and helped me to grow a lot as a dioramist, the call of the 1/6 scale dolls called back to me.  

It was hard to make stories for BJDs because of the limited number of characters and sets.  While I no longer have a town to make stories with, nor (hardly) any of my original dolls, my new collection continues to grow and some of them are just itching to tell you all about themselves.  But these heauxs don't even have names except for two.  So lemme get on that...

Returning to this hobby feels a bit lonely. My doll community was here in the blogosphere, my BJD community was through youtube and Facebook. Where are you, racy playscale collectors?  Let's get back together! 

Instagram feels unsuitable for my needs. I'll see if I can direct traffic here. Who knows. 

Anyway....

I've been working on customizing an old Kid Kraft dollhouse. 

Here is how it looked when it came to me in September:



Then I took it down to Beauty Base 1:


Here is where we are now:


There is still so much to do an it's an absolute labor of love.  Okay this is basically a test post. If you are reading this, drop me a comment or, I dunno, can you do likes here?  Whatever.  


smooches,

dani

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...