Skip to main content

Absence Make You Have More Followers

Exciting! I have new followers. And all I had to do was be a total downer and run away from the blogosphere.

You know, sometimes there's a doll that you really don't like and then suddenly, you're in love.

My husband, a lover of all things that he thinks will mature in value (baseball cards, records, obscure "action figures") had a couple of dolls that he felt the need to give to me. He knew they would have a better life in my hands.

One of which was Hasbro's Miss Fear.
I really didn't like her. Her weapons were awesome and I really appreciated the cigarette holder but her clothes didn't fit well, her hair was insane and she didn't look anything like the hot cartoon on the box. Her makeup was terrible, her "Asian" eyes were just ridiculous.

So she ended up being a bit character in things. She played a bodyguard or a bouncer. She was so beefy that I never let her be a "lady".


I guess Ms. Fear's life turned around when my husband got me Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki:

I absolutely loved Sooki. I mean, she was a goth girl! But she was also a teenager, so I had to give her a mother. Ms Fear (who I once gave a name but forgot it) was perfect. She wasn't too cute or fashionable to have a teenager daughter. And she looked mean enough to be a terrible mother and therefore would have a daughter who was a rebellious teen.

Since then, my love and respect for Ms. Fear has deepened. Now the Fears are kind of like the Carringtons of my doll world. (The Fears, minus Dani, who was only recently discovered to be a Fear:)


And once in a while Ms. Fear can really deliver a photo:


I still wouldn't cross her if I were you.

Anyone want to name Ms. Fear? It has to be Japanese. The other fears are Miho, Aoki, Yumi and Sooki.

smooches,
dani

Comments

  1. She seems to fit the part you've cast for her!
    Some name ideas....

    Atsumi
    Eiko
    Sayoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Atsumi. I looked it up and it means thickness, strength, etc. I think it fits he really well. Thanks E!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, she's awesome! It's tough to find dolls that can play the "older" characters, so big score! I wouldn't cross her either, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...