Skip to main content

Christmas Haul





Hi Guys!

Pics to come but I couldn't wait to tell you about the doll stuff I got for Christmas. I got one of those World Peacekeeper dudes from Big Lots. I hate the gloved hands, but the faces are pretty cool. Any idea what kind of hands fit those guys? I have four that need some actual hands.

I also got a Dragon Body to go with my Dragon head. I can't reveal him yet. He's a character soon to be in a photostory.

Last but not least I got Comic Life! Man, nothing like this software to make you really want to organize your doll photos.

Also in 1/6 related news, I got the hubs Sideshow's Darth Maul which is awesome.

Really this Christmas was about the kid, who got loads of awesome stuff, but I was so happy to get some new goodies. This was just what I needed to jump start my doll inspiration.

I did some playing with Comic Life, so see below. I'm looking forward to doing little Intro/Bios for all my main characters as I learn the templates and backgrounds, etc. I was never into comic books, so I better study up!

Also my Peacekeeper has sort of a dude version of the outfit mentioned by Silent G. So I'm looking forward to ordering that and making some kind of a team of vigilantes or something...

Hope you guys had a great holiday. And now, introducing Alanna:

Comments

  1. Love, love, love that T.J. She's in a league of her own. I have that same Peace Keeper guy...he reminds me of Tyrese Gibson. LOL...

    Great story line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love TJ too but I haven't been able to give her a personality yet. She's been so many things. I'm working on some reorganization of my dolls, so maybe she'll finally find a home! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I do like the name Alana though. I put my TJ aside for a little while because I started falling for the play line girls but she's unique. I'm contemplating on whether or not I should buy another and keep her boxed before she becomes really hard to find. By the way...I wanted to ask you how is she holding up? I saw a blogger talk about the FR bodies not lasting because of a bolt that's inside the torso area but that the MZ's and older DG's don't have this problem. I've only had my TJ for about 4 mos and I'm concerned with her life expectancy. Have you heard they can last years or not so much?

    Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd had TJ for a year now and she's done really well. I have 5 Dynamite girls now and they all stand up really well to my rough playing. My FR's don't do as well for me. I don't buy them much but my oldest are about 4-5 years old and they have pretty floppy joints. For all the money they don't seem like a superior doll. My two MZ's (about 2 years old) are doing really well too. I haven't bought any NuFaces and I hear FR2s have a pretty good body...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the info! I've only been collecting over the past 4 - 5 mos so I may ask more random questions. LOL...I think I'm gonna go ahead and purchase TJ Heart Breaker to have for future and call it a day on the Jason Wu dolls... like you said, they're pricey. It's really an investment but 5yrs is a good run for these type of dolls, you kind of get your moneys worth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be happy to answer any questions I can! Though I do think Dynamite Girls are technically Wu dolls too. I'm not 100% on that, but he did join Integrity toys and revamped the whole thing.

    Oh and bear in mind, I am a rough player! I'm as bad as a four year old. I'm sure someone who lovingly displayed them and didn't throw them in a box would have much better luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be happy to answer any questions I can! Though I do think Dynamite Girls are technically Wu dolls too. I'm not 100% on that, but he did join Integrity toys and revamped the whole thing.

    Oh and bear in mind, I am a rough player! I'm as bad as a four year old. I'm sure someone who lovingly displayed them and didn't throw them in a box would have much better luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, sweet haul! I can't believe you got Comic Life! It looks like so much fun, and it looks like you're already enjoying it. Can't wait to see more!

    The world peacekeeper guys can wear Dragon hands, though the skin tones are seriously limited, as far as I've found. (I guess you could paint them, but I'm too lazy, lol.) I usually buy mine from Monkey Depot, but you can find them on ebay too.

    Glad you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, thanks for the info. I think I'm going to be buying a lot of Dragon parts this year.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...