Skip to main content

Okay, Okay a Photostory



This one is for you, Erica (Corset Kitten)!

This is the first photostory I ever did. It was about 6-7 years ago. I had just figured out how to set the date stamp on the camera but not yet how to remove it. I was living in New York, was massively reclusive had not yet discovered this world of 1/6th realism and hadn't even heard of Fashion Royalty. Oh and uh, I guess I was a bit of a man-hater... (you'll see)

It's cute and embarrassing to see the couch made of the Converse sneaker box, the room boxes made of cardboard boxes. I was and still am, a lover of the cheap and easy.

Okay still working on my little project but I couldn't resist this little diversion.

So click on the picture below to read the story:


Comments

  1. LMAO!
    Oh that's a hoot Dani! And way more cohesive than my first photostory! (here if you want to see how terrible it was....didn't even have thought bubbles!
    The Pizza Hut Debacle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! Witches! I need some Charmed type witches in my doll world.

    Oh, to clarify, I JUST put those pics into Comic Life. They're old photos and I did the dialogue from memory. I started to do the bubbles in Photoshop back then and was quickly like "Screw THIS!"

    I miss having the time to do photostories but I really have to dedicate time to creating realistic sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D Heheh! That was the first story that launched me into the idea of doing the whole Quinlan Chronicles thing....(my, oh my....what a slippery slope that's turned out to be!)

    Yea, comic life is a million times easier than doing bubbles via PS (I tried that with my first QC episode and I swear I spent more time trying to get the bubbles to work out than actually taking photos or setting up scenes!)

    I hear you about the realistic sets, I really, really do! But keep at it and compromise where you have to along the way (better something than nothing at all IMO!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally an inspiration when it comes to dolly realism. I mean, come on, it's too awesome! You've gotta be slightly mental, right? But yeah I don't want to slack on doing stories just because things aren't perfect. Nothing would ever get done...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahaha!! I can't help but love Aragorn Ken... he's such a sleaze! That 'I'm 1/16th cherokee baby' line actually hurt me as I lol'd so hard!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...