Skip to main content

You Might Have a Doll Problem If...

...you are desperate to buy something with consistent 1 star ratings just because it looks fairly realistic.

Case in point Moxie Girlz Magic Snow Cabin. I know the icicles fall off and the roof falls off and the magic of the magic snow is its ability to stick to everything. But I want it anyway! Look at how cute and realistic it will be if you paint it. Everyone complaining are moms who are not down with the art of customization, so what do they know anyway?

I had this vague idea that my doll town was in the mountains in France somewhere. I need a chalet, do I not? I think so.

But can we discuss this house? I'm in love! Look at it! Okay I hear you but look at exterior! Now this is being billed as Moxie Girlz house. But I've seen it called a Bratz House too with slightly different accessories. Leftovers from the Mattel lawsuit? Now if this is big enough for Moxies it will be fine for Barbie and FRs but if it's Bratz, that's an issue.

Anyone have this house? If not I'll report on it soon because I'm not sure I can fight this urge...

Comments

  1. I love them both. I don't have either, so I can't comment on quality or size. Good luck. We both know you won't be happy until you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani, I have the Moxie Girlz house and the scale is a little small for Barbie but you've got skills and it can be made to work. The kitchen stove & sink is kind of shallow but again, it can be made to work in a diorama. Especially if you want to use it like a small apartment scene. I really like the snow cabin...don't have that one so I can't offer advice on it. Here are a couple of links to my flickr photos where I used the Moxie house.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/53234941@N03/5250046926/in/photostream/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/53234941@N03/5250047366/in/photostream/

    Found this video you can view it a little better. Strange video but it gives you an idea. I think the only furniture it came with was a bed (too small for Barbie) but it did come with bathroom and some kitchen accessories.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JA3JtnkmhI&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh thanks Tracy. That is pretty small. But maybe I can use some parts. I guess it's the ski lodge for me! What body is that on Aja? I'm trying to rebody mine but everything is too light or too dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you could make it work...maybe even a dinner scene. :) Aja is on an Artsy Fashionistas body, perfect match. Oh, and check out this item # 290587716196 on eBay. This seller repaints Gloria Furniture and uses the Moxie doll house as the background. She repainted the house chandeliers and even though it's small, it looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh it does look nice. I was thinking of it a future hotel and this being the entrance. I could just buy the doors on ebay. They're the best part IMO. Thanks for the info on Aja. Off to Target I go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...