Skip to main content

Must be Vanity

Okay so I bought this monstrosity:

Angelic Dreamz was having a big sale and she was only $30. I have debated with myself for ages about her. Looking on Flickr, there's just no hope for her. Her hair is a mess, her makeup is a tragedy, her eyes are upsetting.

Buuuuut, I've really wanted an avatar doll for a while. Out of the dolls out there in the world, she is the only one that looks a little like me. This is what I look like:

Okay so that is pre-kids, but I look basically the same. Less rested perhaps...

The only other option is this doll that makes me break into tears when I look at her:

Ahem, so I have an active imagination. I could look like her in an alternate universe...But not sure I could afford her if I could find her. She is absolute perfection to me.

But that's like...it. As a black doll, you can be light skinned or dark skinned. You can have straight hair, or you can have "kinky" hair.  So Dayle is as close as I can get to "naturally" curly in doll world.  (not that Admiration's hair is curly, I just want to be her, that's all.)

Join me as I try to fix her! (Hmm, is it vain to call it that when I just want to make her more like me?)

If you have information on more curly girlies out there, let me know! I can never have too many Me's!

smooches


Comments

  1. You can do it. She may need a partial or full reroot or maybe a wig. I have a couple of her and I will get one redone. You can do it girl..go ahead :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of people with avatar dolls. I call mine my "barbelganger".

    By the way, you are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah Barbleganger! I love it. And thank you. *blush* Yeah I'm excited to experiment with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be a nice challenge Dani. Go for it! Interestingly, I have started to gather my "afro" or natural hair diva's and dudes for a future post on my blog and was tickled when I saw this post and the one that follows. Lol!

    P.S. That's a pretty picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Georgia Girl! I can't wait to get to work on her! I actually have a doppelganger of my husband. Maybe I should make them a little house and find some little girls that look like mine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Georgia Girl! I have a doppelganger of my husband. Maybe I should give them a house and find two little girls for them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to seeing the transformation. I really like both dolls. I hadn't seen the 2nd one before. She's really pretty. Love your picture, too. Great price on the Dayle. That sale that Angelic Dreamz had a few weeks ago was crazy. I kindly saw my way off the site before I did any damage. Now you have me wanting to pop over just to browse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm. I'm sure with some work she'll look beautiful! I was considering getting this girl, but now I'm not so sure...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...