Skip to main content

My Holy Grail




Introducing Talloolah Wilde.  

 


Hailing from 1930's Louisiana (but educated in New York and abroad). A stuck up mulatto who thinks highly of herself although everyone knows her mama was a whore and her grandmother killed a man in cold blood. She is always in the company of wealthy gentlemen callers.

OR maybe she's not stuck up at all but they everyone thinks she is because she's so beautiful and mysterious. And maybe you'd be a whore too if you had no education or prospects. And if you had to raise not only your three children, but your younger brothers and sisters because your Mama's in jail and your daddy went home to his white family. And maybe some folks call it cold blood, but when a man is trying to take your home and your children away from you, you'll do just about anything you need to do to keep them safe.

And just maybe gentlemen callers who want to take care of you are the only company you can get when everyone is jealous and suspicious of you. And who doesn't want to feel loved? And really, who doesn't love diamonds?


Inspired by Toni Morrison's Sula, Melinda Haines's Mother of Pearl and my own grandmother. And also Martina Topley-Bird's album Some Place Simple which has a lot of African, "Negro" spirituals,  Harlem Renaissancey type of influences:

Such as

And

Maybe the movie Idlewilde too but I don't remember much of it. But the atmosphere...




I wanted to do a better photoshoot with proper lighting but my 3 year old was sick and up until 2 am talking about shadows in her room and freaking out. Sigh.

But already I've kicked Hanna out of her new apartment and given it to Talloolah. I'm not sure it's grand enough for her so we have to work on something new. Or she can move into Josephine's blue room for now.

Okay time to rearrange Grandville to give everyone some room to stretch out. I may send Josephine off to France for 6 months. Her house is mighty crowded right now.

smooches!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks beautiful! Her back story sounds very intresting. Congrats on finally getting your holy grail doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bow down to your Holy Grail conquer! She's a hottie!! I'm crazy for her shoes an for her bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Dani! You have OUT DONE yourself with this gal. I LOVE her, and I had a slight feeling that this was your Grail doll. And the back story is superb. I will send lots of energy your way in the rearranging of Grandville. Doll room over haul is.....hard. Ha! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked up this girl nude from ebay and I am absolutely smitten with her as well. When did the monograms get so danged beautiful!??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I just love this gal. I'm terrified of her.

    I'm going to update this with close ups of her shoes and bag, Sergio.

    Hmm, I've noticed that my links don't look like links. You can click on "Such as" and "And" to hear some good music. I'll fix the link issue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why she's your Holy Grail...she's a exquisite! I like her story too. Can't wait to see her in Grandville!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!! OMG! They're absolutely fab!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tallolah is gorgeous! Congrats! There is nothing like obtaining a holy grail. Well, maybe a few things. Love the Toni Morrison inspired story. Poor Grandeville. They won't know what hit them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on getting her. She is lovely. Striking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I'm Elena, I also collect fashion dolls and create lots of little things for them! if you want to see my dolls and my creations, find me here:
    http://elenelab.blogspot.it/
    see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOOOOOOOO!!! Congrats!!! She's beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice doll, photos, scenery and story. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Duke. I sure love this doll.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grandville Summer Festival!

Hello doll friends, First up, I gotta show you this. My 4 year old was playing with my Barbie cast-offs and set up this little scene. (That yellow thing on the table is a TV shaped eraser.) Dig the lamp she made with a wedding cake and the pole from maybe a Barbie dress form? Adorbs. Anyway, this weather (raining pretty much daily for the last month or so) has wrecked my spray painting plans. Much of the royal storyline rests on this painting project. So for now I decided to continue the other stories I have going. Enjoy: "Ho-ly crap, what on earth are you wearing?" "Aw, Sook, I feel bad enough."   "Seriously. You are wearing khakis. You look cray cray. You're like somebody's mom right now. Please explain this situation." "My boss said my outfit was too sexy so I had to borrow something from Le Skater Dork over there at the cafe. Jeez, now I owe her one. Oh crap Channel 1 News is here."   "Thanks John. Lavita

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." "

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w