Skip to main content

Cravings

Forget pregnancy cravings, I have doll cravings!

I've been obsessed with the idea of creating a goth style house for Sooki but she's 16 and making her an emancipated minor is just going to reek havoc with my storyline.

And I decided that my dolls are frozen in time and not allowed to age. Sorry Sooki, you're 16 forever.

But this goth palace idea keeps haunting me. hahaha no pun intended. There is so much cute goth/Victorian stuff out there. So many ideas for wall coverings and delightfully spooky 1:6 scale goodies to hunt for.

So after much internal debate, I've decided to get Simi from Ashton Drake:



Okay is she worth $150? No, not really but I'm a little in love with her. And really, Sooki's adorable and could go the Harijuku Goth Lolita route, but Simi's dead sexy (oh my god, really the puns are not intentional!) and could be my dominatrix goth chick. All my crazy patten leather get ups will have a home!

I can use Stinker's Stuff walk in closet tutorial and give her a little chamber of torture. Hang a gimp in there and we're all set. Also the hubs saw all manner of 1:6 S&M tools on the internet that I can buy.

And there are all sorts of furnishings I've had my eye on as well:


Of course one has to consider that I will be out of work for 3 months and I can't actually afford Simi, but I might as well start window shopping, right? And building my closet dungeon!

Comments

  1. Wait a minute!!! I have seen owner photos of Simi and her lips are pink. Friggin' PINK??? Not blood red? Fudge! I was already going to let her be my first partial reroot (the bangs do not look good judging from other photos). But she'll have to be my first repaint too? Pink lips? What the hell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep an eye out for Simi on the boards & on the dollpage. I saw one go for 90+shipping the other day so if you can be patient (and take her nude) you can probably get a more palatable deal on her!

    And hey don't let a little repainting put you off! It's great once you get started! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be coming to you for repainting advice CK! There are so many dolls that need just a little tweaking. I'm sure being able to repaint really frees you. And reroot! I'll keep an eye out for some Simi deals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem! I'm always willing to lend my advice & so will others (like Nat). It does really allow you to put your own stamp on a figure & release some personalities that you might not realize are hidden behind the factory paint!

    Hey, quick question (how come I'm not on your links?) You not like me or somethin? :P

    I think I've discovered what 2011 is going to be the year of for me! (I'll be updating on the 1st to reveal what!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...