Skip to main content

Theft Can't Get Us Down!

Well, here's an update. About 60% of the music that was lost were downloaded or ripped from CD's that we do still have (so instead of lugging around a bunch of CDs just to play selected tracks), and thankfully those are still on our computers. So just a few hundred CDs to replace as well as the equipment.

And anyway, he had been bidding on some stuff on ebay that he won after the theft, so we did have to luxuriate a bit more. Then I think he felt bad that I never got my Barbie airplane, so he scored one really cheap today. Hurray!

I'm so not in the mindset for Dolly U right now, but if I was paying for it, I would still have to do it, so I'm not going to let this stop me.

I've been reading the rerooting book by Donna Anne and I'm excited to get started on that but I can't afford the tools and hair yet, so, we'll see.

Obviously the airplane will get a revamp but I hesitate to make it an assignment until I've done some research on mod 60's airline culture.

Until then, I leave you with this:

Comments

  1. Do you have her How to Style doll Hair book? How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have that one. I like it, but I haven't tried any of the tricks yet. I'd say it's worth it for a beginner but the actual styles are limited: layered, razor cut, curls, dreads. I still don't know how to cut proper bangs...Still, I think it was worth the price.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...