Skip to main content

The Weekend in Pictures.





And that's about all you're going to get as an apology for my picture quality today. I was rushing so I didn't even bother trying to get a good picture out of this.

I did loads of work this weekend, mostly the fun part which is putting little details in the rooms.

Dani and Felix's kitchen:

Tea Time in Josephine's Living Room:
Josephine's Foyer:
Josephine cozying up with Gypsy Ken. That's temporary flooring by the way:
Josephine's kitchen. Voila! Brie avec baguette et vin. Tres magnifique!
Nadia sees her crush Miho at the record store. "Did I wave too hard? Look too happy to see her?"
The Vinyls audition a new keytar player. And boy is she cute...
The Dynamite girls meet for dinner.


Finally figured out a personality for Alanna (Dynamite girl TJ): Super rich spoiled socialite. So she HAD to have the Jonathan Adler couch.
Josephine's balcony door. Meh, I'm not thrilled with it. Consider it a work in progress.

Let's talk about another disappointment. Josephine's bed. It just sucks. The duvet is okay but really Josephine needs a much grander bed...
One last disappointment. I tried desperately to straighten Gypsy Carmen's hair this weekend and this is as far as it wants to go. I must have dipped and poured boiling water over her 100 times! Why is she still so frizzy?! So maybe I'll resign myself to this thick naps. Any other tips on what to do? All my other dolls have straightened beautifully. :(



That about does it! Have a great day everyone!

Oh and I did order my Luxurious item #2! Fashion Royalty luggage!!! I'm so excited.

smooches,
dani

Comments

  1. You've got some fantastic rooms put together! Fantastic!I hope you do get around to taking some more pics of them.

    About the hair--I can think of two possible reasons....

    1) is the hair might have ended up "over cooked" during one of the boil perm/straightening attempts. That can happen and the hair gets frizzy.

    2) you might have to actually "stretch" out the hair (where the waves are) I don't really think that's as likely but it could be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corset Kitten! Maybe this is fate telling me to start attempting some re-roots? Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe! It could be!
    I don't know if you'd tired it, but you could also thoroughly wet her hair & work some heavy duty-hold type hair gel in. That will help with the frizz factor. The only negative is that you'll probably have to do it every month or so (wash it out and re apply) to keep it from getting old and flaky.

    I've just broken down and ordered my own FP Kyori. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I'm going to try that right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...