Skip to main content

I Think I Caught the Mid Century Modern Bug

Well my friends, Year of Luxury strikes again. Due to that magical extra paycheck in a month thing that happens once or twice a year, I had a little extra play money.

I was a good girl and did some responsible things. Bought the Hubs some business cards, bought a swanky winter coat and bathrobe for the Youngin' and a just a wee Barbie Basics accessory pack for me.

But you know how when you have no money you always know exactly what you would just DIE to have? But then you have some money and can't find anything worth buying?

I thought maybe I'd go ahead and buy my first action figure girl. I know exactly the one I want but I just couldn't close the deal.

I went to ebay to search for the elusive 1/6th scale PT Cruiser. (Lemme know if you guys run across one.)

Anywho, so no luck there. I decided to hit up some of my Favorites on etsy. I really wanted that Birkin, but I just couldn't. $35 plus $10 or $15 shipping for a doll bag that doesn't open? I dunno, I just couldn't do it.

Beddding? Plants? Tiny Vases? But then I found this mid century modern living room set. I have no business looking at a living room set. I have more furniture sitting around unused than I do in use. But then I thought of Miho. You remember her, my Eve Kitten head with the Fashion Royalty body:



Miho just had to dump her boyfriend Rockabilly Legolas Ken for flirting with Hana the painter(this will all make sense later) so I feel for her. Miho's my rockabilly girl. She's a member of the Fear family (more on them later) which makes her sort of like royalty of my doll world.

The rockabilly scene, though sometimes overlapping with the racist redneck scene, will always have piece of my heart. I gotta take care of her. So I bit the bullet and bought her a living room set. Comes with two little loveseats, a side table, a coffee table and a lamp.

So now I have a little project and a new room to buy stuff for. Not that I have space for a new room...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...