Skip to main content

New Girl in the Hood!

So Wednesday night I arrived home to find Vintage Vinyl Gavin waiting for me! So I had to break her out and take some pics. Forgive the quality, I wasn't trying very hard.

First impression: Cutey pie! Her eyes are a bit too big and cartoonish to me. Well I guess some real people have eyes bigger than their mouth...

She seems a bit sturdier than previous Dynamite Girls. She seems heavier and her joints a bit stiffer. At first I thought her hands were not removable, but a good tug proved otherwise.


But trouble in paradise. Her shoes don't stay on AT ALL. I mean at ALL! Like they weren't even made for her. Look at that toe cleavage. Not a fan. And the paint job (you can't see here, but they're platforms. The sole is painted black but the platform itself is the same color as the shoe). I have seen better shoes made for Barbie.

Well, it's time to comb out her hair and get this girl dressed! I tried on a few outfits. Turns out she can't do the goth/punk thing. She's more of an art school goth. And yes, if you've never known/been a goth, there are a zillion different goth sub genres. Art school goths take more fashion risks, wear more color and theirs can be more of a retro/mod sort of look sometimes. They are more bookish, quiet and secretly brilliant.

Here she is wearing Spooky Sooki's dress and Barbie purse and sunglasses. Not sure if you can see the clunky shoes, but I'm pretty sure they're Barbie.

Her side glancing eyes give her a mischievous quality. I have to be careful when posing her. I sat her beside Sooki, comforting her. But her side eyes made her look like she was up to something. Which she might be later...
I'm thinking of cutting her sideburns. She's so stinkin' cool. I wish I had space to give her her own room. Well, maybe in the future....

Now she needs a name! I'm thinking something old ladyish. Please send suggestions. I think her last name will be German or Irish. I'm feeling Strauss or Straussburg. Possibly Ferguson.

Here are some:
Hazel
Ethel
Martha
Agatha
Winifred (Winnie)
Penelope (Penny)
Persephone
Priscilla
Judith
Evelyn
Agnes
Constance
Ruth
Elsa
Geraldine
Ida
Mildred
Myrtle
Prudence
Vera
Abagail

Comments

  1. I can see her either as a Penny (Penelope) or Judith. I do love her hair (and that goes with penny!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. that's a pisser about the shoes, but did you see the shoes Nat over at milkshake Melody ende d up getting in her basics shoe pack? eeesh.

    You'd think that all the doll companies out there would realize how much we want decent (and better) shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been feeling the Penny name too. That settles it! She was so close to being Gertrude (after Drew Barrymore as Gertie in E.T.)

    I did see Nat's shoes. Those were awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Penny it is! :D
    Glad I could help with that. Maybe over the weekend you can swing by my blog (after I take some new pics of Kyori) and help me name her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely. She is an actress, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep! She & Giselle are actresses in a costume drama Called Wrenwood Hall.

    I'll post about her personality when I take some pics. Maybe the pics & the personality profile will help with the naming process :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...