Skip to main content

A Note About the Year of Luxury

The Year of Luxury won't begin until October 31st, but it hasn't stopped me and the hubs from getting a jump on it. After DJing at a Dragon Con for David Mack, illustrator of the Kabuki comic, his love for his comic book collection has been revived.

So yeah, he dropped some coin on mylar bags, pricing guide and some particularly good deals on comics he wanted. I, as you know, bought my lovely couch and the beige and brown LV looking luggage from Fashion Royalty. I wantd to do a little set of photos for you but then I decided to throw a Halloween party in doll land. And the hubs said I may get my bday camera in a week or so instead of the end of November so I might as well hold out and give you some good pics.

BY THE WAY, if you have purchased FDQ's book on doll photography, lemme know how you liked it.

Anyway, I love the luggage. The vanity case even has a little mirror. I can't wait to play with it.

But I digress. The real point of this post was to talk about the Year of Luxury. So the other day I told my sister in law, the financial guru of the family, that my husband and I never write out a budget. When we do that we realize we have no money. Less than none. But when we just live life, pay the bills and give ourselves little luxuries like doll mags and Starbucks and we have more than enough to live an easy life.

So far the Year of Luxury is no different. We're saving more than ever (for maternity leave), buying our collectables, and money is being hurled at us left and right. The hubs is landing gigs like crazy, my aunt came into some money and has become muy generoso. Even when I thought we had no long sleeve shirts and undershirts for our daughter for winter, voila, I open a drawer and realize I had stashed a bunch of hand-me-downs away months ago.

If you decide to name your year with me this year, be sure to give it a powerful title!

Comments

  1. Okay, so, let me just say, I love your attitude toward budgeting-- or non-budgeting. We are the same way. You and I (and our sweeties) just don't really seem to conform to the "real world" so why should we try to make our $$ conform? Being happy is the point! :) And it's when you stop stressing that the sun starts shining! Still working on naming my upcoming year, but I'm doing it for sure-- I just love the idea, but wanna get it right. (And not get pregnant, lol!) I'm off to email you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zee Gypsies!

I'm home today, the kids are at school (half day), so I decided to take some pictures with my little window of time. I rarely show the gypsies and one of you guys requested it, so here they are! "Hello, I am Carmen Kirpachi. Welcome to our home." "This is my husband Milosh." "Hallo."  "This is my brother, Franco. While his gaje girlfriend Josephine is in Paris, he's spending a lot more time with us." "Excuse me, I have to put some more wood in the stove so I can get dinner started." "My goat stew is Milosh's favorite but we need to get the pot hot first." "This is my living area, also known as Franco's bedroom. But we don't mind. The Romany love having family around." "Milosh says I drive like a fugitive so he doesn't let me drive very often." "But sometimes I put a glamour on him and he forgets how much he hates my driving." ...

The Vinyls Hold Auditions

It's been a while since you've seen the Vinyls. They were supposed to perform at the Grandville Summer Festival but I got lazy. The Vinyls did perform in Grandville park that one time: Twilight Edward was the lead singer but his paleness has limited my body options and that makeup I put on him to darken him up will not hold up under the new camera, so he's out. Still, seedy, dangerous Grandville needs its band. So they held auditions for a few Grandvillians who were interested. First up, Marie. She and Zeke had great guitar chemistry. They never knew Blake had such a good singing voice. He brought a real trip hop element to their ensemble. His singing sounds like he's reciting a poem. And then came Raj Nirvana, belting it out and just feelin' it, man. The Vinyls felt really embarrassed for him. "I really like Marie," Aragorn urges. Bailey protests, "You just want to bone her." "Well duh." "Ma...

Introducing Nymeria and the Alurium Vaccarra

Ever have a couple of days off Facebook and though you wonder what happened to your friends over the long weekend, you can help feeling a little peaceful? That's how I feel in my week of staying off the blogs and forums and various sites. But I missed a lot! So many cool posts! It's going to take a while to dig myself out. One must wonder, did my creative spurt have something to do with not being all over the web looking at what everyone else is doing? Anyway let's get to it. So on my birthday, my three Stardolls arrived! Aside from the outfit, that Paris one was not cute. I dunno, she's too boring looking. But Iris was THRILLED that she got a new, dressed doll. Well for a few minutes anyway. Did you know that they can't bend their legs? Like they can't sit down? Terrible. Anyway, the other two were great! Inspiring. Meet Valentina. A Columbiana who restores classic cars. She was very happy with a Liv body. She might be Nadia's next girlfriend, w...